-->

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Power Dial

Flower arranging is an art unto itself with elements of painting, sculpture and collage. It fills the senses with color, shape, fragrance. If I had to rename it I'd call it sculptural collage and if it wasn't as ephemeral as it is we would surely visit exhibitions of Flower Artists with long articles written by critics over the success or failure of the displays.
Collage is the closest thing we have to a waking dream state. Have I ever mentioned my favorite medium? Photo collage. It invents it's own symbolic language. This collage snapped at 1st Dibs reflects the feeling I get with every job, every call, every proposal. All engines engaged! Let's make it happen! Only wish I looked as fair, pretty and seductive as the young gamine shown here. I want her hair too!

0 comments: